It is Sunday 26th February 2017, due to a family gathering and a tasty dinner I am writing this much later than I thought, but I am writing it, I am beginning.
I have wanted to lose weight and get leaner for a very long time, it is pretty much in the start of every journal, the resolution of every year and by far the one thing that makes me feel like a consistent failure. I feel I have tried different approaches but I either lose interest or get side tracked, so I am trying something new.
I have chosen to run the Royal Parks Half Marathon on behalf of the Royal Voluntary Service on Sunday 8th October 2017. I intend to raise £300 by then for the charity, which provides assistance to people in Leicester age 55+ as they come home out of hospital.
This gives me 7 months to prepare for the 13.1mile run and I am not a runner. I have completed a 5km race for breast cancer a year ago, using the Couch to 5k App, but something clicked in my determination after that event and I just stopped running.
The POA (Plan Of Action)
- Firstly, writing here on this public space, committing my intentions to myself and to others in word form.
- Understanding my goal and why I want to achieve it.
- Undergoing the Couch to Half Marathon Training
- Reflecting on my weekly runs using this blog and planning the runs for the week ahead.
- Using my own Relaxation Therapy to motivate me and keep me focused every step of the way.
This week I intend to run on Tuesday 28th February, Thursday 2nd March and Saturday 4th March. It will be a challenge and I would love any support or advice anyone can offer me. If you have any questions please comment below and I will respond as soon as I can.
Be Happy, Healthy and Mindful!